(519) 591-7147 | email@example.com | 541 Leighland Dr., Waterloo, ON, N2T 2H4
Principal, 2011 – Present
RSN Consulting Inc., Waterloo, ON
- Work as a consultant to a technology company called Myplanet Digital based in Toronto.
- Currently focus on business development and strategy, targeting both the public (provincial Government) and private sector (currently working with several multinational media companies)
- Shifting the organization to focus on value-add partnerships with 3rd party organizations where larger projects can be taken on ($300k-$1mm per project)
- Helped develop Myplanet’s recruitment and growth strategy by understanding company goals and working collaboratively to build a plan to achieve them with company directors.
- Previously provided marketing strategy and execution services to a commercial real estate developer based in Toronto, developing in Waterloo Region.
- Previously provided community-focused consulting to the Greater KW Chamber of Commerce.
Executive Director & Co-Host (Volunteer), 2009 – Present
TEDxWaterloo, Waterloo, ON
- Lead organizer and co-host for annual conference attracting internationally renowned guest speakers and an audience of over 1000 participants.
- Manage a budget of approximately $350,000 based entirely on corporate sponsorship and donations.
- Coordinate and manage a team of 75 team members and volunteers to ensure effective collaboration and delegation.
Director, Outreach, 2010 – 2011 (6 month contract)
Shad Valley International, Waterloo, ON
- Moved into a leadership role at a non-profit organization to give back and diversify my experience.
- Developed a strategy to engage program alumni from past 30 years in post-program initiatives.
- Collaborated with director of development to build an integrated fund raising program.
- Managed a heavily constrained budget and timeline as a result of working in non-profit sector.
Sr. Manager, Business Solutions, 2007 – 2010
Research in Motion, Waterloo, ON
- Managed carrier BlackBerry relationships in the Northeast US for Verizon Wireless.
- Focused on business development with strategic partners to help drive business objectives forward.
- Built quarterly sales / business development strategy for execution by business solutions team.
- Interfaced between customers, carriers and internal product management teams.
- Collaborated with regional sales managers; consistently exceeding sales targets.
- Managed quarterly budgets adapting to changes in market dynamics and other constraints.
- Presented on technical and business-related topics at customer facing “C level” engagements.
- Spoke regularly at events ranging from 20 to 500+ attendees; confident with technical presentations.
- Won leadership and performance award after my first quarter; nominated by my peers and chosen by VP.
- Participated in professional development opportunities: presentation skills, negotiation, influencing.
- Experienced in hiring, training and mentoring of new team members as well as performance management.
Embedded Software Engineer, 2005 – 2007
LSI Logic, Waterloo, ON
- Involved in design, development of the video decoder module; documenting the design through all phases.
- Implemented and review designs based on formal specifications (ISO H.264/MPEG-4 AVC).
- Used C, C++ and assembly language; Development in Windows and UNIX environments.
- Developed and debug firmware on VxWorks real-time operating system; Tornado 2 IDE.
- Worked closely with a hardware platform that includes multiple SPARC cores.
B.Sc. Engineering: Systems and Computing April 2005
University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
- Winner of the 2005 W.C. Winegard Medal; University’s Highest Honour
- Developed an eye-controlled interface system for persons with disabilities to control a computer
- Group Cycling Instructor, Goodlife Fitness, 2004 – Present
- KW Photography Club (Club leader), 2009 – Present
- TEDxWaterloo (Event Co-Chair), 2009 – Present
- KW Awesome Foundation (Co-founder & director), 2011 – Present
- Peer to Peer Sales and Strategy Group, 2007 – Present
- Ignite Waterloo (Lead organizer & Host, Quarterly event), 2009 – 2010
- Engineers without Borders (President, VP, Fundraising, Grand River Professional Chapter), 2005 – 2010
- First Response Team (University of Guelph) 2003 – 2005
- Paediatric Unit Volunteer (Guelph General Hospital) 2002 – 2004
Awards & Accomplishments
- Waterloo Region Record, Top 40 Under 40, 2011
- RIM PILAR (Persistence, Intelligence, Leadership, Attitude, Results) Award, 2007
- Time Magazine, Person of the Year, 2006
- Dean’s List at the University of Guelph, 2000 – 2005
- W.C. Winegard Medal, 2005
- College of Physical and Engineering Science Society of Excellence, 2005
- E.B. MacNaughton Convocation Prize, 2005
- William James Engineering Award, 2005
Certifications & Training
- Professional Engineers of Ontario, Ontario Society of Professional Engineers and IEEE member.
- External training courses while at RIM in Presentation Skills, Influencing, Negotiations and Persuasion.
- Fluent in English, German and French.
Available upon request